Our philosophy is to conserve healthy tooth structure. We focus on prevention, remineralization, and minimal dentist intervention. Using scientific advances, minimally invasive dentistry allows us to perform the least amount of dentistry needed while never removing more of the tooth structure than is required to restore teeth to their normal condition. In addition, in minimally invasive dentistry, we use long-lasting dental materials that conserve the maximum tooth structure so the need for future repairs is reduced.
We have numerous minimally invasive techniques including:
- Digital X-Rays – Allows the dentist to diagnose problems at an early stage with minimal radiation (up to 80% less than traditional x-rays) and no toxic chemicals in the office.
- Remineralization- Small incipient carious lesions can be remineralized with the proper treatment and thereby the need for fillings is eliminated.
- Composite Resin Fillings – Tooth-colored filling material that forms a bond to the tooth allowing for very small restorations with minimal loss of tooth structure
- Magnification – High power magnification loupes (the funny glasses the doctor wears) allow for early cavity detection
- Lasers – Dental lasers promote healing of the soft tissues after replacement of ill-fitting restorations.
- Digital Photography – Close up photography of the teeth allows for the dentist to detect cavities earlier and lets the dentist show you areas of concern
- CariVu™- Allows for early cavity detection
- Air Abrasion - Allows us to restore small cavities in teeth without anesthesia.
- Sealants- Protect the teeth from bacteria
- VELscope® – Allows for a more thorough visual oral cancer exam beyond what we can see with the naked eye.
- Intraoral Camera - Allows patients to see what we see including broken fillings, cracked teeth, decay, etc.